Look at some of your regular household items differently! Here are ways to repurpose, reuse, and upcycle old items, with everything from paper towel tubes to toothbrushes and plastic lids
Here are a few ideas:
- Toothbrushes make ideal scrubbers for hard-to-reach-places. They allow me to clean in and around sink fixtures and the hinges on the toilet seat, in and around the keys on my computer keyboard, into all sorts of corners, and into the smaller parts of my bicycle (including the chain). They scrub mud (and worse) from the treads of athletic shoes and boots.
- Use an old fruit juice or milk jug to water plants. Save peanut butter jars and use them to store snacks like cheese crackers. Use old salad dressing containers to mix and store your own homemade salad dressings.
- Store pet food in large plastic snack containers that cheese puffs come in. It will help keep ants at bay. Cut off the bottom of two-liter bottles and use them as small planters. They are also great for starting seeds!
- Wash and reuse plastic soda bottles as pretty water containers for refilling water glasses at dinner
- Empty tin cans make ideal holders for kitchen utensils and gadgets. You can even decorate the cans with spray paint, washi tape, and stickers.